- Holes in the Mitten: Addressing Michigan’s Gaps in Health Equity
A video to be used in conjunction with the Holes in the Mitten Toolkit that provides further explanation on how to move towards health equity.
- Framing Social Determinants of Health in Kent County
A video created by the Kent County Health Department as a representation of the inequities that are present in the community.
- Canary Effect
A 2006 documentary that looks into the effects of that the United States and its policies have on the Indigenous peoples (Native Americans) who are residents.
- Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee
Based is a history of Native Americans in the American West in the 1860s and 1870s, focusing upon the transition from traditional ways of living to living on reservations and their treatment during that period.
- American Holocaust of Native American Indians Video, June 2012
A film that reveals the link between the Nazi holocaust, which claimed at least 6 million Jews, and the American Holocaust which claimed, according to conservative estimates, 19 million Indigenous People.
Adelman, L. (Creator and Executive Producer). (2015). The Raising of America. California Newsreel.
A five-part documentary series that explores why so many children in America are faring poorly and
what we can do as a nation to do better.
- Adelman, L. (Creator and Executive Producer). (2003). Race – The Power of an Illusion. California Newsreel. http://www.pbs.org/race/000_General/000_00-Home.htm
A film series that explores the myths and misconceptions behind the concept of ‘race.’
- Adelman, L. (Creator and Executive Producer). (2008). Unnatural Causes. California Newsreel. http://www.unnaturalcauses.org/video_clips.php
Acclaimed documentary series that can be used to tackle the root causes of our alarming socio-economic and racial inequities in health.
- Butler, Shakti (Producer/Director). Cracking the Codes: The System of Racial Inequity http://world-trust.org/cracking-the-codes-understanding-the-system-of-inequity/
Discusses the causes and consequences of systemic inequity.